Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sad News - John Behanna















I am sorry to to announce that John Behanna, after a long illness passed away last night. He was a Democratic activist, a photographer and a good friend to many people.

I first met John during the George Moscone campaign for mayor - he was so nice to me - even though I was just a volunteer in my first political campaign. John has been a long time member of the San Francisco Democratic League, a proud member of the "Burton machine" and a founding member of the Irish-American Democratic Club.

Recently, a reception was held to honor John Behanna and his newly published book of photographs called "Aspen Odyssey" which he gave out to his friends as a way to show his appreciation for their friendship.

John wanted to stay alive to see Barack Obama elected President of the United States - I am glad he got his wish.

I will let you know when I hear further details about a memorial.

Linda Post

email: mission2894@gmail.com

No comments: